The information you provide helps us to operate effectively and provide you with the best hospitality services and experiences.
What Information Is Collected and How Is It Collected?
We are obliged by Greek laws to collect some personal information about you (which is information that identifies you or relates to you as an identifiable person) such as your:
– Identity Data (e.g. name, surname, passport, visa or other government-issued identification data)
– Stay information (e.g. date of arrival, number of days that you stayed, number of persons that stayed with you)
We may also, after receiving your verbal or written consent, collect your:
– Contact Data (e.g. home or work postal address, work or personal e-mail address, telephone number (Home/ Work/mobile) and fax numbers, Communication preferences)
– Demographic Data (e.g. gender, nationality, language preference, place and date of birth)
– Financial Data (e.g. VAT/Tax number, Credit or debit card number or other payment data)
– Travel Data (e.g. Travel itinerary, tour group or activity data)
– Social Media Data (eg. social media account ID, profile photo and other data publicly available, or data made available by linking your social media)
We may collect information from you when you interact with us such as when you:
– Book your stay via the booking engine on our website, Online Travel Agents such us booking.com, direct email or phone call,
– Contact us with a question or request
– Use our Services
– Make a payment for a product or service
– Stay at our property
– Provide a testimonial or story
– Participate in a competition or sweepstake
– Participate in our loyalty program
Other Information we may collect about you:
One of the purposes of cookies is to simplify the use of the Website. A cookie may save a user’s login details for example, so that the user does not need to login every time. Cookies, by themselves, do not provide us with your personal information.
Cookies may be either «persistent» or «temporary» (or «session») cookies. A persistent cookie retains user preferences for a particular Website allowing those preferences to be used in future browsing sessions and remains valid until its set expiry date (unless deleted by the user before the expiry date). A temporary cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
Cookies are also used for statistical or marketing purposes, to determine how the Website is used. These cookies are provided by us as well as by third parties (e.g., advertising partners). While we do not control or have access to the advertiser cookies we do permit those cookies to be used on this Website to facilitate tailored advertising and to monitor patterns of buying specific goods or interest in – for example, holidays or hobbies. These cookies run advertisements tailored to the user based on his online buying habits.
To modify your cookies settings, you can set your browser to allow you to be notified when a cookie is to be placed on your browser, decline the cookie, or delete cookies that have been placed on your browser. Some functions of our Website may not work or may work slowly if a cookie is refused.
Here is a list of the cookies we use:
Cookie name, Description, Expiry
– _icl_current_language, Saves the user’s preferred language on the website, Session.
– @@History/@@scroll|#, Cookie set by twitter.com, Persistent.
– _ga, Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website, 2 years.
– _gat, Used by Google Analytics to throttle request rate, Session.
– _gid, Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website, Session.
– impression.php/#, Used by Facebook to register impressions on pages with the Facebook login button, Session.
– NID, Registers a unique ID that identifies a returning user’s device. The ID is used for targeted ads, 6 months.
To see all the cookies stored in your device, follow these guidelines for your browser: http://www.whatarecookies.com/view.asp
Google Analytics: We use Google Analytics to help us get a better understanding of how visitors use this Website. The information generated by the Google Analytics cookie about your use of this Website is transmitted to and stored by Google. If you do not want your activity on this Website to be tracked by Google Analytics, you may opt out by using this link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
We may also use online advertising services and thus, our website may use the cookies that Google states in this webpage.
From Other Sources:
We may receive your personal information from other sources, such as social media platforms; online travel agents (such as booking.com) or our online booking engine.
When you use access our Services from a mobile device, we may collect information such as your unique device ID and your location information.
How Do We Use Your Information?
The information we collect from you helps us to identify ways that we can continue to serve you in the best way possible and provide you with personalized products and services.
We may use personal information for the following purposes:
– To complete and fulfill any purchases or requests for services, for example, to process your payments or a hotel stay, communicate with you regarding your purchase and provide you with related customer service.
– To send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding the Services or an event in which you are attending and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
– To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you newsletters.
– To send you marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you via postal mail, email, telephone or SMS.
– To personalize your experience on the Services by presenting products and offers tailored to you.
– To allow you to participate in sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules, which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose your Personal Information, so we suggest that you read these rules carefully.
– To facilitate social sharing functionality.
– To allow you to send messages to a friend through the Services. By using this functionality, you are telling us that you are entitled to use and provide us with your friend’s name and email address.
– For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new products, enhancing, improving or modifying our Services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities.
– As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
We may also aggregate and/or anonymize personal information for research or for other business purposes, such us to improve our products and services.
How Do We Disclose Your Information?
We may disclose your information to:
– law enforcement authorities, government or public agencies, regulators, and/or to any other person having appropriate legal authority or justification for receipt of your information, if we believe that we are required or permitted to do so by law or legal process, to respond to claims, or to protect the rights or safety of our property or others.
– vendors and service providers retained by us in connection with our business such as: travel services companies, financial services companies, property owners’ associations, website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, credit card processing, tax and financial advisers, legal advisers, accountants or auditing services.
How Do We Safeguard Your Information?
Security of Your Information:
We will take reasonable steps to protect the information you provide us from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. We have implemented appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to help safeguard and secure your information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration or destruction. Unfortunately, no security system is 100% secure, thus we cannot ensure the security of information that you provide to us via the Services.
Other Important Information
Social Media Sites: Please note that we are not responsible for the collection, usage and disclosure policies and practices (including the data security practices) of other organizations, such as Facebook, Apple, Google, Microsoft or any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider or device manufacturer, including any personal information you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with the Apps or our Social Media Pages.
From time to time we may revise this Notice and/or use personal information for new, unanticipated uses not previously disclosed in this Notice to meet changes in the regulatory or business environment, or to satisfy the needs of our customers and service providers. Updated and date stamped versions will be posted on the Services.
Minors: We do not knowingly collect, maintain or use personal information from children under 18 years of age, and no part of Services is directed to individuals under the age of 18.
International Transfers: We may, subject to applicable law, transfer your information, to our vendors, service providers or selected third parties where information protection standards may differ. For example, your information may be stored on servers located in other jurisdictions. We will take steps to help protect your information when it is transferred.
Marketing: We may contact you by email, telephone, SMS or postal mail with information about products or services offered by our hotel or a third party that may be of interest to you and you can opt-out at any time by:
Using the unsubscribe function in the email you receive from us.
If you do not wish to receive further direct marketing from us send an email to email@example.com.
Access to Information We Hold about You:
If you would like to access, obtain copies, update, correct or request that we suppress or delete any of the information we hold about you or if you require further information from us about how we use your information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional information about your data privacy rights:
You have a right to:
Ask for confirmation as to whether or not your Personal Information is processed and receive communication of that in an intelligible form.
Contact the Greek national Data Protection Authority, in case you consider your personal data affected in any way, at email@example.com, Postal Address: 1-3 Kifissias Avenue, PC 115 23, 210 6475600.
Get information relating to:
– The collection source of your Personal Information;
– The Purposes and methods of processing your Personal Information;
– The entities and individuals to whom your Personal Information may be communicated.
– Updates, rectification or integration to/of your Personal Information;
– Confirmation that your Personal Information is deleted, made anonymous or blocked if processed unlawfully, including the Personal Information whose retention is unnecessary for the purposes for which it has been collected or subsequently processed;
– Confirmation that the aforesaid operations have been notified, as also related to their contents, to entities and individuals to whom or which your Personal Information was communicated or disseminated, unless it is impossible or it may involve manifestly disproportionate efforts compared with the right that is to be protected.
Object, on the whole or partially:
– On legitimate grounds, to the processing of your Personal Information, even though relevant to the purpose of its collection;
– To the processing of your Personal Information, where made for the purpose of sending advertising materials or direct selling or for the performance of market surveys or marketing communication.